Last Updated: August 17, 2022
Who we are
Our website address is: https://fineedom.com
PURPOSE OF POLICY. fineedom.com (“us”, “we,” “Company”) is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors and other users of fineedom.com (the “Site”).
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
WHAT BASIC INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
Fineedom.com processes personal data as a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
Any personal information collected by Us is done so that our Site will function properly, so that we can continue to maintain the Site to the best of our abilities, and to give visitors a positive experience on the Site.
In operating the Site, we collect personal information from you in a couple different consent-based situations.
- If you contact us via the “contact” page you will be providing us with your name and email address.
- If you leave a comment on a blog post you may be asked for a name and email address.
You are not required to provide us with information via these two methods to use and enjoy the Site.
If you subscribe to our email list we will also have access to your email address, name, and IP address. We only send emails to people who have chosen to opt in to our email list, and you can always unsubscribe at any time if you wish.
Every email newsletter that we send includes an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Simply click that link to remove yourself from our list. Alternatively, you can also contact us and request to have your email address removed from our list.
WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(2) SPONSORS AND ADVERTISERS. We may decide to accept sponsorship and advertisements on the Site. Should this occur, you should assume said sponsors and advertisers will be given access to the impressions and click data on their marketing pieces. Your personally identifiable information will not be revealed to them by us. Additionally, we disclose any sponsorships at the top of any article.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(1) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not disclose the personally identifiable information to any third parties other than those that we use to facilitate the functioning of the site such as a hosting company and email program for mailings.
(2) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(3) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose any information we have for you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
Fineedom has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you (including an active SSL certificate), but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices related to this Site, please feel contact us using the “Contact” link on the menu located at the bottom of the site.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
By leaving a comment on a blog post at our Site and providing your personal information (including your email address) you give us consent to have this information.
Under the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to withdraw consent. The only place your personal information is kept on our Site is through the blog comments functionality. If you would like your personal information to be deleted and your comment to be removed, please contact us.
Under GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the Member State of your residence, place of work, or location of the infringement.
You also have the right to request access to any of your personal information that We store. If you would like to do that, please contact us.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.